Monday 17 November 2014

Christmas Symbol

Morning ,

Here we are again, Monday and just 6 weeks to Christmas, can you believe it.  I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, thank goodness for the internet.

This week at Live and Love crafts Sandy has given us the theme of "Christmas Symbol" to follow.  I believe I have a couple in this card. My symbols is an obvious one, the christmas tree which I have done in white and used some pearl string around it.

My second symbol to me is the house, or the front door with a few bricks, lol.  To me Christmas is about family and opening the door and welcoming everyone for a little christmas cheer.

I have used the MajaDesign "A Gift For You" 6x6 paper pad.  Love love this collection.


I have used Cinamon sticks tied with natural hemp cord, cones, flower spray and red berries.  The white rose was made using the roses roll up die.


I have added to the Dutch Doobadoo Front Door a candy stick charm and a prima resin door lock.


Here's the tree with some pearl string wrapped around it.  You can also see on the right hand side the Noor!Design Snowflake border die and I have added little flower centres using the Dutchdooboo Stencil and structure paste.  I added some red brick disress ink to the mix and and applied the paste through the stencil onto white card.  Added a little irridescent fine glitter and then cut out the individual flowers and added to the centres of the snowflakes and also onto the door panels.  They match the paper :)


I have added a little snowtex to the branches of the trees.  You can also see the gorgeous lace at the bottom too.


A close up of the cinamon sticks tied with natural hemp cord and a little snow tex.  You can also see the softwood bricks from DutchDoobadoo below, also covered in snow tex.


The bark heart also got a dashing of snow tex and structure paste.  You can also see the little poinsettas on the paper.





Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest


8 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

This is amazing its just so beautiful I love it all stunning love and hugs Carole x

Lau W said...

OMG so beautiful card, so fab details !
xxx

Unknown said...

Wow, so much detail, but that tree is inspired xx
hugs
Sandie xx

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Hi Tracy,
I love this card again with all the wonderful details.
LG Petra

Donna said...

Wow!!! Absolutely stunning card Tracy and the detail is amazing. I just love how you created the tree with the pine branches.
Truly inspirational.
Hugs, Donna x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous creation, I love the beautiful door and your lovely Christmas symbols.
Rebecca.
x

Unknown said...

Beautiful and very welcoming. It must have taken a lot of patience though to create the tree with those punched out branches, but a great idea. :-)

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Sabrina aka Chaosküken said...

I can't stop staring! Your card is so beautiful!

You are one of the most talented crafters I've ever seen.
I wish you all the best by finding your DT-Mates. I know that one of my favorites has entered. I'll keep my fingers crossed - for both of you ;)

Have a nice weekend
Sabrina