Monday 2 May 2011

Altered Notebook

Hiya Peeps,

If your looking for the winner of the hidden candy from Mo and Zoe's Carnival Blog Hop, please scroll down one.

Can't believe it's Monday again but with this one being another bank holiday, I certainly don't mind. Yesterday set 7 of  the Simply Sassy's landed on my mat, and WOW, they are of a slightly different style to previous sets, but my oh my, they are absolutely fabulous, can't wait to show you, but we have to wait until all the girl's on the DT receive their stamps, so keep your eyes peeled. Today's project for the Simply Sassy Inspiration Blog is something I have been meaning to do for sometime and finally got round to doing it spurred on by the "Winking Student" available HERE at Funky Kits.


This notebook was red and black to start with.  I painted it with lilac acrylic paint first and then added some of my favourite papers by Websters. 


I have to say she was a dream to colour and I've just noticed she got a splodge of white paint on her knee, lol.  


I love how it turned out.  This book holds all my little colour combo's and a few swatches and oh the instructions for the around the page punches, I guess you could say it's my crafting bible, lol.

A little pocket on the inside to hold my bits and pieces.

Ingredients:-

Simply Sassy Winking Student image available from Funky Kits HERE
Medium - Copics 
Making Memories Lilac, Purple, Green and white acrylic paint
Pink Tassel from Bizzy Becs 
Papers from Websters
Corrugated cardboard
Magnolia Doohickey Lace Die
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Stardust Stickles, Tape measure ribbon from stash 
Martha Stewart Frond Punch
Flowers from wild orchid craft
Lasercut Chipboard leaf flourish and butterfly from Make It Crafty HERE
Letters were cut by Quickutz, some purple paint added and then Glossy Accents added

I have entered this book into the following challenges:-

By the Cute & Girly - Anything Goes
Desert Island Crafts - Use 3 from the list (I used distressed, word, ink of paper, punch)
Dream Valley - Flowers
Paper Sundaes - Favourite hair combo (copics E25, E31, E50)
Sparkles Forum - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - Try something new
Little Miss Muffet - Diecuts and punches
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes


36 comments:

Larisa said...

so funy image) Love your colouring! ))))
The notebook is fine!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Tracy your cards are always so eye catching and beautiful! So many wonderful elements!!!

Sue said...

What a fabulous notebook, gorgeous image and so beautfully decorated

Thank you for joining us at MMCS

Sue
Xx

Anne said...

Wow, this is to cool, I love the decorations and all the details, just adorable and sweet and awzome. :)

Have a nice day.
Hugs, Anne.

Denise said...

This is gorgeous. Saw it on the Simply Sassy blog and was blown away by it. I LOVE IT!! Hugs Denise xx

PS Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

zoe.payne said...

Wow this is lovely, cute image soo pretty. Gorgeous all over. I have a little girl looking over my shoulder thats got her eye on this notebook,lol!!!! well done.xxx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWEEEE Trace I want one!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so pretty omg!!!! I definately need one for my copic chart,my colour coombos,and so on. TOOO CUTE AND I LOVE THE WHITE PAINT ON HER KNEE TEHEE!!!

GORGEOUS WORK HUN!

WencheP said...

This is beautiful! I love the image and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Unknown said...

love the dimension you added...it's just lovely. i <3 little handmade books like this!...so much better than anything you'll ever find in a store!

xoxo

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is fabulous & this is my fave sassy of this last set & she is in my top 3 of all the sassy's. Love this book hun the colour is just gorgeous. Fabulous darling lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow !! I WANT ONE !!! :-) lol ,,, fabulous notebook Tracy ! the little pocket at the front with the swatches is brill ! I love this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Fiona said...

wo9w Tracey...amazing again!! You make it all look so easy!!

Fi
x

Fiona said...

oops forgot...thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin!!

Fi
x

Carrie said...

Tracy, this notebook is absolutely spectacular....I love it! I wanted to say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today and that I am so chuffed that you have chosen to follow me. I think your work is breathtaking and very inspiring and it means a lot to me that I can share my crafting journey with you.
Hugs
Carrie
xxx

Tracy said...

Hi Tracy,
What a gorgeous notebook. I love the image and finishing touches.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kitty said...

Wow this is super stunning! So glad i found your blog you have such a talent!

Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenges for this weeks challenge and we hope to see you again next time!

Kitty xx

ChickieChirps said...

This is gorgeous Tracy! You did an amazing job and what a fantastic result!

Thanks for joining us for the Diecuts and Punches challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

Arabella

Donna said...

Fabulous! Love the image. Thanks for joining in the Little Miss Muffet challenge, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Tracy this is one awesome project the image and colours are totally beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

xxxtglxxx said...

This is so fabulous Tracy - it looks brilliant. Gorgeous image, super colours and a really great gift idea too!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Loz said...

ooh, I love this little notebook Tracy! must say that i think her wink is a lilttle weird, though she is still gorgeous! ♥

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely notebook, Tracy! Stunning! Hugs, Lesley

Nannieflash said...

Hi Tracy wow someone is going to be happy to receive that fabulous notebook, I love the cover its stunning. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Unknown said...

That is just a super project

kitten DYSU team

Crafting Gill said...

Love Love it this is fantastic thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
GIll xx

nessy said...

just stunning ~beautifully made book ~ love it!!
vanessa xx

Paula (PEP) said...

This is a super idea & great that you can keep her for yourself too. Love the decorated pocket on the inside.
Paula (PEP)

Faye said...

Wow, What a super project, love all the flowers! Thanks for playing at MMCS. x

Zoe said...

WOW I officially love this notebook - she's fantastic! My daughter starts school in September and this image really made me smile. You've inspired me to try something similar. Oh, and the slodge of white paint on her knee adds to the cuteness! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin and fingers crossed x

Sassy Scrapper said...

Ahhh Tracy she's adorable! What a fabulous book.
Hugs Bonnie

Alica said...

Aww, this is so pretty! Love the sassy little school girl and you colored her wonderfully!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Hugs,
Alica ;)

Juls said...

ooooh wow!! This is just gorgeous!! I love doing notepads! This image is perfect for it, love the sepia colours, all the texures, and the fab scalloped edge to it!!! such a stunning make! Hugs Juls

Lesley said...

Great notebook! Love the image! Thanks for taking part in the SFC xx

Hannapanna said...

This is stunning! Gorgeous colours and details and I love the image. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs, Hanna

Christine said...

What an amazing notebook, just gorgeous! So beautifully colored! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Jennie said...

This is really pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at Dream Valley this week.