Wednesday 13 April 2011

Crafts and Me Ribbon Challenge

I know, I know, it's me again.......lol,

Yes, this is my busy week and don't I know it this week.  My early night on Monday turned into midnight, so not so early so I will be having another stab at it, but I have so much to do and not enough hours in the day, but I think all crafters say this.

Right, today it's the Rockin Rubbah's turn to host the Crafts and Me Challenge blog and this week's easy peasy theme has been chosen by one of newest Design Team Members, Sylvia, and Sylvia would love to see ribbon on your projects.  Easy right, so I guess by the time I get in tonight you'll have all entered and my early night will have turned into a commenting night, lol.


Stocks of the Art Deco stamps by Lemon Shortbread available from Crafts and Me are due back in this week, so Teresa will be updating the store so I thought it would be the ideal time to remind you with this gorgeous "lady with fan" image, and as it is my Sister's birthday next week and she absolutely adores Art Deco, I made this card for her.





My sister also has a love for black and white, so I have met half way and coloured the image black and white and added a little colour to the rest of the card.

I do hope you'll play along with us, HERE.

Ingredients:-
Lady with Fan by Crafts and Me available HERE
Medium - Copics 
Paper is a real oldie by DaisyD
Stamps by Tim Holtz stamped onto accetate
Corrugated cardboard ripped and painted with white acrylic paint
Flourishes from Make It Crafty (HERE) and painted with acrylic paint 
Vintage photo distress ink to distress all the edges
Star dust stickles, pearls, pearl glimmer mist and Seam Binding ribbon from stash
Happy Birthday Sister sentiment generated from computer

I have entered this card into the following challenges:-

Anita B Stampin - Anything Goes 
 Digital Tuesday - Female image and use a digital element (sentiment)
 Ladybug Crafts - Celebration
 Papertake Weekly - Dimension 
Tuesday Throwdown - Sparkle and bling 
Bunny Zoe - Happy Birthday and Pearls 
House of Gilli - Ribbon and Pearls 
Wags and Whiskers - Ribbon and pearls 


19 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow Tracy! I have been away (and have been scheduling the posts on my own blog) and unable to drop by for a while. What a lot of absolutely stunning creations I missed while I was absent. You have been busy and oh so creative. Every one of your recent makes is gorgeous! Your colourwork is stunning and your layouts and embellishments; perfect. Loved them all! Hugs, Lesley

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card -love the art deco image and the filmstrip embellie
Thanks for joining us at LCI
Lisa x

Pami said...

Gorgeous image Tracy and a wonderful card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Shazza said...

wow this is fab x

tiggertastic said...

i feel in love with this as soon as i saw it, it is perfect in every way, lovely balance of vintage, chic and colours

Sarah x

pinky said...

Wow Tracy that is absolutely stunning, what a gorgeous image and love how you have dressed your card. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Tracy, that image is so beautiful and I love the design and colours, super card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ann said...

Beautiful card Tracy; such a special treat for your sister! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

Darlene said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers! We'd love to see you again next challenge!

Darlene
Wags 'n Whiskers
Guest Designer

Becca Fabozzi said...

Holy Moly Tracy, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the vintage feel, and all of your embellishments are fantastic. Thanks so much for joining us this week at House of Gilli with your fantastic creation. Your sister is going to LOVE it!!!!

Jill said...

gorgeous card Tracy I love your attention to detail and it really shows beauiful work thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Tracy that is one gorgeous card, I love the details youve put into it. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Zoe said...

wow absolutely stunning Trace! your colouring looks gorgeous!! And I just love all the details. xxoo

zoe.payne said...

Beautiful i love art deco too. soo stunning and classic. she'll love it. Gorgeous flowers,well done hunni xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Tracy I have come back not only to see this stunning card but to thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the way the image is colored, and those flowers are fabulous. Thank you for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Great details! Thanks for playing along with the "Anything Goes" Anita Be Stampin Challenge!

Lelia Pierce said...

Very lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Anita Be Stampin Challenges!

XXX

Tracy S said...

Very pretty! I love the black and white image and the film embellie. Thank you so much for joining in on the fun this week over at Anita Be Stampin!!