Tuesday 29 March 2011

A Sketch at Bearly Mine & a Sneak Peek at My Tidy Craft Room

Morning Peeps,

Tuesday already and time for a sketch this week at Bearly Mine designed by Maria. And I thought as I have now finished tidying my craft room, I'll give you a sneak peek but don't look at the decor. This is the last room on the agenda, so just imagine wooden flooring and nicely painted walls and probably a blind, lol.  Enough waffling and onto my card.

I was meant to have a "Happy Mother's Day" tag popping out the right hand panel but I stuck the panel down forgetting completely about my tag, lol. 

Thought I'd just show you a close up of the flowers and fabulous chipboard swirls, link below. 

The beautiful papers are one of my favourites at the moment at Bearly Mine Designs, this is the Vintage Lace.  I have also used this on my post on Saturday, so scroll down if you want another peek. I also photographed this card on the Easel so you can see that beautiful lacey edge.

Now onto my foamboard copic storage, which I orginally saw on Donna's (Bearly Mine) blog. 

I'm really pleased with it and it's quite sturdy too. 


I made this one first but wasn't happy with the edges as I used my craft knife so thought I'd make a slightly bigger one so this one became my acrylic paint, puff paint, liquid pearl storage, plus there's space for more. 
 Don't know about you but I had a storage box overfilled with different coloured odds and ends that just never got used, so I made a 12x12 foamboard unit and separated the colours and I have to say that for the last 6 cards I have used I have reached for the odds and ends and haven't cut a new 12x12 piece of bazil cardstock.  Aren't I a good girl!

My nice tidy room inspired by Elaine from A Technophobes Blog, thank's Elaine, I do feel much better.


My new copic/distress ink/prisma pencil storage sat nicely on the desk and the 12x12 under the desk to the side.  As it's bits and pieces it's still messy in my book.

The drawers to the right are see through and I don't like looking at what's inside as again it looks messy, so I have slotted paper in with the contents listed on the outside.  The boxes on the shelfs, contains ribbons, cardstock, stamping cardstock, Sizzix Dies and all my Stamps in CD cases.


This is the wall behind me.  I have a unit housing wood back stamps, but not many, paper and 12x12 bazill cardstock.  My printer on top and my sewing machine on hand.


 And hubby put up the final piece in my tidy up today, my magnetic boards filled with Marianne, Magnolia and Nesties.  Absolutely love this, and guess what, there's room for more, lol.


And lastly, this is the back of the door.  Housed with a shoe hanger containing all my cricut cartridges.

I have to say it's so lovely crafting in a tidy room, where everything has a place!

Ingredients for my card:-

Vintage Lace papers by Bearly Mine Designs available HERE
Image by Hanglar and STanglar
Bazil white and Kraft Cardstock
Chipboard swirls from Make It Crafty HERE
Corrugated card painted with acrylic paint and edged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Lace, pearls and Seam Binding from stash
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Stardust Stickles 

I have entered my card into the following challenges:-
Cupcake Craft - Flowers for Mum
House of Gili - Ribbon and Pearls
Incy Wincy - Sparkle and shine
Lexis - Ribbons but no bows or knots
The Kraft Journal - Flowers and must include Kraft Cardstock
Oh La La - Mothers Day/Special Friend
Crafty pad - For the Mum's
Creative Inspirations - Mother's Day/Mum
Dream Valley - Mother's Day
One Stitch At A Time - Mother's Day or Babies

45 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Tracy, sweet image and those papers are fab. I always love all the little details on your cards.

Oh My! Now you've put me to shame...your craft room is a lot more organised than mine!
But doesn't it feel good when you know just where everything is?

Give yourself a huge pat on the back and I think you deserve a little spending spree after all that hard work.

Love Elaine xx

Kirsty said...

Hi your card is stunning every detail is perfect
Wow your craft space and organisation is inspirational . You have so many wonderful goodies to play with :D

angelwhispers said...

First of all your card!!! Its just so beautiful and loving all the lushness of it!!! The image is adorable and looks perfect on these gorgeous papers!!

Your craft room looks fab and I love all your storage ideas especially loving your nestie & die wall!! What a fab job you have done Tracy!! Love Chanelle xxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow ........what a lovely card......

Hugs
Judith

Teresa said...

A fabulous craft room Tracy and a gorgeous card too.

CraftyC said...

Wow, love your card Tracy, its gorgeous and your craft rooms is wonderful!!
Clairexx

Dena said...

Your card is so very pretty! I just bought these papers the other day and can't wait to use them, the whole package is gorgeous!!!!! Love how you colored the adorable Hanglar!
So question, how long will your craft room stay this tidy? haha! It really looks great and I love the shoe holder idea and the magnetic boards!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Dena

Dianne said...

STUNNING CARD! Your craft room is so tidy and neat - would you like to do mine? The magnetic board is a good idea. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Oh hun your card is stunning, so pretty with so much to look at.
I love your craft room, I can't do mess, it's so much nicer when everything is tidy and organised, can I come and play lol.
I love the foamboard storage holders you've made, I may well be emailing you for more details later, I need to get my butt in gear and make a DT card but I've just got no motivation today so I may just go back and look at your craft room again instead lol
hugs Mandy xx

Paula (PEP) said...

What a super craft area - those foam board storage containers are brilliant & your selection of die-cutting equipment wonderful. Thanks for a lovely look.
Love the colours on your card & thew ay you've ruffled the seam binding to pick up the texture of the flowers.
Paula (PEP)

Unknown said...

wow, can you come over and organize my desk area like that?!!...:) ...it looks really good! *jealous!*

and i loved your twilight book mark!...have to show Niamh that-- she is so into the whole vampire thing:) It's a really pretty project!!

xo

Nannieflash said...

Hi Tracy your card is gorgeous, love the lace its so pretty, and the whole card design is fabulous. Love your room it looks so tidy, wish mine wasnt to packed full. With hugs Shirleyxx

jojoscraps said...

Your card is absolutely stunning. Your colors and coloring are perfect and I love how you've grouped your flowers. What a spectacular workspace you have. I inspires me to get cleaning and pull out the foam board. My ink pads are in a foamboard holder as well. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Jo xx

Shazza said...

wow how very organised and tidy, I want it!!!
Your card is gorgeous x

Maria said...

OMG - what a gooooorgeous card and so beautifully coloured and perfectly embellished! I am also very impressed with the organization of your craft room. I wish mine was as nice and tidy. Hugs, Maria

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

OMG AGAIN! SO MUCH TO SEE WOW!

YOUR CARD IS DANG AKA GORGEOUS!!!!

Your room is awsome and those copic storages is something i tried doing well not me MY HUSBAND! and failed misserably lol!

BY looking at your area i'm gonna make him finish his unfinished project.

OK YOUR MISSING ONE MORE THING MY PICTURE LOL!!!((HUGS))Ruby

p.s
I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING!!I will share in our group omg lol!!!

Joanne Brown said...

Wish I would of seen the foam board unit before I brought my copic cubby think I might make a foam board unit for my 6x6 papers.

Debbie said...

Tracy this is GORGEOUS!!!! thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations.

Debbie

Berry said...

Love your card Tracy what an adorable image and gorgeous colouring. Your room is just great too, what a fab way of storing your nesties and nellies just love it! It's all v neat! Hugs Rebekah xx

Wendi said...

Wow what an absolutely stunning card your embellishments are beautiful, I wish my craftroom looked like yours perhaps after seeing yours I shall have a tidy up
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Christina C. said...

OMG, Tracy, your card is a WORK OF ART....A MASTERPIECE!!!! Your craftroom is soooo organized, like mine USED to be!!!!!!

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow Tracy :) Your room look fantastic. I am so impressed.

I definately need more storage, I have lots of room, but nothing to stack stuff in! lol. I love the magnetic sheet for nesties - you can fit quite a bit more on those! ;)

gorgeous card too hun - really adorable image, and fab embellishments.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Sarah said...

Tracy, your card is adorable! Love the ribbon and lace and the border sets everything off so beautifully. And your craft room is amazing! I'm wondering where you purchased your foam board. Someone else said they bought their's at a dollar store but ours don't have them. Hugs, Sarah

Ann said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, and fun pictures of your craft room! Thanks so much for entering the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

Anita said...

Tracy, your card is absolutely gorgeous. Beautifully colored, as always, and I love the papers. The ribbon, lace, flowers and swirls ... they're all beautiful.

Your craft room looks fantastic. Wish mine were that clean.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card! Such amazing detail on it. Love all the flowers and the swirls. Such girlie fun. :)
And great job on your room organization.
Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal.

Kristina said...

What a beautiful card Tracy! I love everything about it. Your craft room is so nice and tidy, I think I need to go and clean mine!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal!!

zoe.payne said...

Gorgeous card hun,stunning image love the colours and flowers soo pretty. well done xxxx I wish the kids room was like your craft room,lol!!!! can we borrow you?? xxx

Yone said...

Hi,Tracy !
Love yr coloring ! Tks for playing with us at House of GILLI Ribbon & Pearls Challenge this week. Also tks for sharing thoses great organizing ideas. Hugs

gina g said...

Beautiful card Tracy and your craft room looks fab too. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. Love it. And love your craft room. That Nestie/Die storage is fabulous. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley. xx

Josephine said...

Spectacular!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Fiona said...

hey Tracey....gorgeous card as always!! Not a sassy in sight..lol!! Love the layout and fabby little flowers too!! Your craft room looks so clean and tidy...how long will that last?? What a great idea for storing your nesties!! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week.

Fi
x

Barbara said...

Tracy, I am so impressed!!!Your card is just breathtaking. I love the DP, the card design and of course the adorable Hanglar image. I wish they sold them in the US :( You have done such a great job coloring it. Your craft room is an inspiration. I plan on showing it to hubby tonight!! I am hoping for a hallway LOL.
Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad for our "Mother's Day" challenge. Hope you will condsider participating in our mid week challenge too...Great prizes available!!

I Don't Do Straight said...

Your card is beautifull Tracey, the flowers look so delicate, really lovely..... and your craft room what can I say......WOW!!!

Fiona. x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Tracy, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
p.s. your craft room is so organised - well done!

sparklingblackrose said...

Tracy this is a stunning card and am I jealous of your craft room! ;-) Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week and hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine OSAAT DT xxx

Renee said...

WOW!! i have to agree with all the other comments you've gotton. It's just a stunning card. Thanx for joining us this week at incy Wincy. Hope to see you back agian soon.
Renee DT

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Wow this is a work of art lol with or without the tag hehe I love it just the way it is! It really is lush! Thank you for playing along with us at The Crafty Pad this week, & don’t forget we are running an additional special two week altered CD challenge too! Hope to see you again on Sunday!

Shelly said...

Great project and gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Shelly x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, Ohhh I want to come play in your tidy craft room, It looks brilliant, I love the card you have made too. Thanks for sharing both with us on OSAAT this week Hazelxoxo

BarbaraW said...

Sweet card. So much beautiful detail. Thanks for sharing in the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge.

Nikki said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week and your Craft room looks so dreamy I just love how the foam board cubby holes turned out they look so fantastic with all the yummy copics lining them you have one gorgeous craft room :)
hugs Nikki C

tiggertastic said...

oh an insight to your crafting space, amazing storage ideas and i love your dies too.

getting onto your card, it is STUNNING !!!!
I love the papers so much with that image.

you rock hunny xxx

Donna said...

Awesome card Tracy, it's absolutely gorgeous as usual. And WTG on the foamboard storage, they really turned out great, and love the nesties storage too, if only I had a wall that I could put mine on.
hugs
Donna xx